IPL 2019 Auction: One crore per six for uncapped Shivam Dube - Hindustan Times

Breaking

Tuesday 18 December 2018

IPL 2019 Auction: One crore per six for uncapped Shivam Dube

The day after Shivam Dube hit headlines for his five successive sixes in a Ranji Trophy game, the Mumbai all-rounder was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 5 crores in the IPL auction.




The day after Shivam Dube hit headlines for his five successive sixes in a Ranji Trophy game, the Mumbai all-rounder was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 5 crores in the IPL auction. His close friends quipped how he got one crore for each of the sixes he hit off Swapnil Singh in the game against Baroda at Wankhede Stadium. Dube was among the few uncapped players who was on franchises’ radar.

Back at his home in suburban Mumbai, well-wishers continue to drop in and phones haven’t stopped ringing. Shivam says his father Rajesh had called all his friends to watch the IPL auction live from his home. His family isn’t new to getting droves of people at their home: his uncle Ramesh Dube was a minister in Maharashtra government and later a Member of Parliament from Uttar Pradesh.

“People coming to my house is nothing new because as I child I have seen many people waiting down in my building compound. My uncle Ramesh Dube is a politician. My father had called everyone at home, his friends used to bowl to me in the nets when I was growing up. You can call them net bowlers! My father wanted me to celebrate this moment with them,” Dube told The Indian Express. His father Rajesh, who had wanted his son to become a cricketer, had built private nets for his son at a nearby ground for him. When the IPL auction began and two franchises RCB and Mumbai Indians were showing interest on Mumbai’s young all-rounder, Shivam says his heart started to beat fast.

“I wasn’t expecting to go for such a whopping amount. I knew I will get picked and a few franchises will show interest in me but didn’t think that I will go for such a big amount,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment